In September 2023 the LCB creative programme focuses on sound with exhibitions, talks and workshops, and creative family activities.
The exhibition comprises of work from invited artists, and work selected from our Open Call. Visit weekdays 9am-5pm from Mon August 28th to Fri September 22nd (+ when we’re open for events). You can also see the exhibition on social media @lcbdepot with a new artist profiled every day.
We’ll also be hosting performances, talks and workshops and highlighting other events on around the city
Events (*events elsewhere)
Fri August 25th, 5pm-10pm Season Launch x Punk Rage & Revolution: be the first to see the exhibition, PLUS get Punked- make badges, fix your hair and write slogans on your t-shirts. AND music from Ted Splitter Part of Last Friday and @cqlates late openings and events in venues across Leicester’s Cultural Quarter. Gallery entry free, Last Friday tickets £2 in advance or £2.50 on the door
* Weds 30th- and EVERY Wednesday, 7-10pm. Big Diff’s Little Gigs are a weekly small showcase gig. Try out new material and get paid for it! Get in touch with The Big Difference if you’re interested. FREE entry.
Thurs 31st, 6-10pm. Disquietings. An evening of experimental diversions. Featuring Live music form Secluded Bronte, Bob Parks and The No Name Now Collective, Jim Tetlow,& Daniel R. Wilson. DJ set from Out of Joint Records. PLUS experimental film screenings by Sandra Cross, David Leister and William English. FREE tickets here
* Fri 1st September- Sun 3rd. BrewBeat Craft Beer and Music Festival. BrewBeat is Leicester’s one and only Craft Beer and Music Festival, returning for its third year even bigger and better than previously. Jubilee Sq, FREE. More info here
* Sat 2nd, 5pm-12am. Access All Areas 4: Pride Special. a festival set up to raise money for ‘The Bridge Homelessness to Hope’ charity and unite artists of various disciplines to celebrate our cultural richness and raise awareness of and offer support to marginalised and vulnerable communities. More info and tickets here
Sat 9th, 12-4pm. Creative Family Day: Making Music Join us this month to play with ALL the instruments! Part of @cqearlies. Creative activities in venues across Leicester’s Cultural Quarter. More info and FREE tickets here
* Sun 10th September, 10am – 3.30pm. Record Fair! Huge selection of records, CDs and music memorabilia from Prog Rock, Brit Pop and Punk Rock to Soul Reggae and Hip Hop for sale at Aylestone Leisure Centre. Find out more here
Tues 12th, 1.30- 2.15pm. Sound Bath with Meditation4All Experience the healing and relaxing sounds of Gongs, Singing bowls, drums, wind chimes and other instruments. Bring your own yoga mat/mats, seating provided. FREE, donations welcome
Thurs 14th, 5-9pm. HQ Presents – Music & Contemporary Culture. An event showcasing music, fashion, art and media, and how these creative industries interact with each other to influence modern British culture and identity. FREE tickets here
Fri 15th, 7-10pm. Some-Antics. Word Special!. Regular spoken word night night this month featuring Sound 2023 artist David Parkin. Tickets £4 otd, more info here
*Sat 16th & Sun 17th Radio 2 in the Park Tears for Fears, Banarama, Texas, Soft Cell, Pretenders… and of course Kylie. more info and tickets here
Mon 18th, 12-1.30pm. Clouds by L’Ku, is an improvised experiment, a sonic representation of the sky. Improvising with a Kalimba and FX Pedals, L’Ku will take you on a journey through the stratosphere, in an ethereal and ambient performance. FREE
Tues 19th, 1.30- 2.15pm, Sound Bath with Meditation4All Experience the healing and relaxing sounds of Gongs, Singing bowls, drums, wind chimes and other instruments. Bring your own yoga mat/mats, seating provided. FREE, donations welcome. more info here
Thurs 21st, 3.30-5pm Nimbus (AV) Dayflower + Andy Harper performance. Nimbus is a collection of unheard Dayflower music reworked and woven into a gleaming, expansive technoscape by audiovisual artist Andy Harper aka AJH. FREE
* Thu 21st, 7.30pm. Take the Stage: Live at The Donkey!!! Monthly event with feature performances and opportunities (signup at 7pm). More info here
Fri 22nd, 12-1.30. Bass Electronica performance. SiiSii combines ambient electronica with live bass, exploring the intersection of composition and improvisation, resulting in a cinematic soundscape. FREE
Fri 22nd, 7-10pm. Sounds Unglam. A showcase of live all female punk bands. A night of high energy original live music bought to you by 3 bands in the Unglamourous music project. £5 in advance or £7 on the door.
Sat 23rd, 7.23-10.23pm. Resounding. The Art of Noises. BLAST! Microbit Ensemble & Jim Frize, Matt Rogerson, Mark Towers, UV Spectra, Neptune (AV), LaserSynaesthetics – Marlon Foster. More info here
* Sun 24th, 3pm. Knighton Chamber Orchestra with Coro Nostro Chamber Choir. A concert of works by JS Bach and GF Handel, with the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, Zadok the Priest, Brandeburg Concerto No. 1 and more. at St James the Greater Church, London Road, Leicester, LE2 1NE. Tickets £5 available on the door
Anna Vienna Ho
Dimple Patel – Luminous Productions
Leicester Symphony Orchestra / Kirby Spencer
Miriam Bean & Francis O Donnell Smith
The Basement Presents